FLYING START - (FLIGHT & LiDAR)
LET’S TALK ABOUT FLYING START TRAINING
CALL US 1.858.350.4324
WHAT TO EXPECT
This 4.5 day course covers basic LiDAR theory, equipment set up, field LiDAR training, workflow, LiDAR data compiling, control points, LiDAR data
processing , 3D visualizations and basic drone flight training.
- LiDAR theory and different sensor performance characteristics/capabilities.
- Different Geospatial accuracy performances/standards and specific GIS product requirements.
- Drone-based LiDAR mission planning and collection strategies.
- Point cloud optimization – our step by step planning guide to weigh maximum area coverage with the required level of high fidelity data sets.
- Leveraging Drone automation and what is required for LiDAR vs. photogrammetry. How to conduct both in the same field operation.
- Full field work flow:
- Base setup to flight collection in different environmental/working conditions
- Processing LiDAR data in the field
- Verifying data capture quality
- Comparative Software Workflow to include Datum/survey plane selection, inertial coupling, DGPS Geo-correction, LiDAR compiling, and control point accuracy controls.
- Data Processing from raw point cloud creative to 3D Digital Surface models to basic data classifications.
- FAA Part 107 online test preparation
- Hands on flight training provided on smaller drones for students with no or limited flight experience.
- Lidar Drone Data Acquisition Specialist: Military trained experts experienced in drone flight data collection and sensor optimization. Our flight instructors have thousands of hours flying both manned and unmanned systems.
- Remote Sensing Geospatial Analyst. NGA College Master Instructors. Our instructor staff all have an extensive military background, with decades of remote sensing experience in satellite, aerial, mobile data analysis and product development. To increase the value of the experience we do try to match our analysis with your industry, if possible.
WANT TO KNOW MORE? Talk to our Experts.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- We will need a conference room adequate to seat the number attendees and their laptops.
- 1 HDMI 4K monitor – Size depends on the conference room or classroom size.
- Access to power for everyone to have a laptop running.
- WIFI for the students – we will be downloading data sets for data exploitation and product creation during the event.
- Laptop – we will be supplying demonstration licensed software before the course.
- Power cord
Modus AI can host you in San Diego or we can travel to your location. When we travel special considerations do apply, such as finding a suitable flying space.
In San Diego ($8,000)
Hosted Elsewhere ($14,000)
This course is optimized for 10 people to get hands on training. Modus AI can accommodate up to 20 people with an additional staffing charge for additional instructors.
Plan for a full 8 hour training day with a 1 hour lunch break. Typical hours of instruction are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless coordinated in advance.
**Modus AI can accommodate industries that require nighttime operations.