LiDAR Data Level 1Advanced Visualization and Data Conditioning
Everything you need to transform average data to professional grade information.
LET’S TALK ABOUT LiDAR IMMERSION WORKSHOP
CALL US 1.858.350.4324
WHAT TO EXPECT
This 1-day course was specifically designed for drone pilots looking to expand their business capabilities, companies which are looking to integrate this emergent technology into their traditional workflow, and business executives needing drone-based LiDAR technical training. This course will expose the student to several advanced visualization techniques to increase point cloud preparation for downstream post processing analysis. It doesn’t matter which software you prefer, our course will allow you to take these processes into any interface or series of interfaces. We highly recommend this course if your company is creating or using LiDAR 3-D point cloud products
- LiDAR theory and different sensor performance characteristics/capabilities.
- Different Geospatial accuracy performances/standards and specific GIS product requirements.
- Drone-based LiDAR mission planning and collection strategies.
- Point cloud optimization – our step by step planning guide to weigh maximum area coverage with the required level of high fidelity data sets.
- Leveraging Drone automation and what is required for LiDAR vs. photogrammetry. How to do both in the same field operation.
- Full field work flow:
- Base setup to flight collection in different environmental/working conditions
- Processing LiDAR data in the field
- Verifying data capture quality
- Comparative Software Workflow to include Datum/survey plane selection, inertial coupling, DGPS Geo-correction, LiDAR compiling, and control point accuracy controls.
- Data Processing from raw point cloud creative to 3D Digital Surface models to basic data classifications
Our most complete hands on course
We start with an in-office presentation of the equipment, workflow, and how the selected LiDAR solution can be used for your business.
We head out to a safe, pre-agreed upon flying area to demonstrate field set up, flight workflows, and in-the-field LiDAR QC processing.
Meta Data Editing
This is the data behind the data, allowing 3rd party software to correctly interpret your point clouds.
Learn all the different ways you can view your data… and most importantly when to use each process.
Discover how to merge,clip, separate, and filter to support the high accuracy data products your customers desire.
Back in your office, our experts will present calibrated HD LiDAR products, ROI, and consultation on your applications.
Geospatial Master Instructors
Learn from the people that have been
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Talk to our Experts.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Talk to our Experts.
Work Shop Details
LiDAR System Basics
Use & Sensor Considerations
Point Cloud Planning
LiDAR & PhoDAR Co-collection
Intro to DRONE LiDAR Automation
Site Safety Basics
Field Accuracy & Targets
LiDAR Field Set Up Comparison
Flight & Use Case Demonstrations
Field Data Processing
Field Data Quality Assurance
Intro to Classifcation
Points, Lines, Surfaces, & More
What We Bring
Drone Flight Instructor
Remote Sensing Geospatial Expert
- We bring one to two drone lidar systems with all the equipment an company will bring to the field.
- We present all the software to plan, fly, collect, compile, check accuracy, view, and post process.
- Data tells the real story. We have dozens of point clouds. You can see what works and what doesn't.
What We Need From the Host
Half of the course is classroom presentations of the technology, workflow, and data products.
A presentation space adequate for the number of people attending with:
- Presentation Table for a 3-foot diameter drone
- HDMI UHD TV
- A power source for laptops and drones
Safe Flying Area
Flight Demonstrations require safe flight area. This area should include:
- Features you want captured. (Forrest, power lines, etc)
- Outside of Controlled Airspace.
- Property Owner Approval.
- Sparsely populated area.
- The optimum area (10 - 40 acres or 1 mile of river, etc)
Other Important Information
Class size: While we do not have a maximum audience size, the more attendees the less experience our customers tend to receive. We recommend eight to one student to instructor ratio.
We suggest limiting the demonstration to company decision-makers and technical experts, who would gain the most from a first-hand experience prior to purchasing our services.
Hours: Plan for a full 8 hour training day with a 1-hour lunch break. Typical hours of instruction are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless coordinated in advance.