DRONE LIDAR TRAINING FOR BEGINNERSDrone Flight + Lidar Training
For the engineering or construction professional who needs to learn everything about using a drone to do lidar mapping.
LET’S TALK ABOUT TRAINING
CALL US 1.858.717.0234
WHAT TO EXPECT
Drone Lidar for Beginners is a hybrid course. This means you will receive several easy to follow online courses to learn the foundation in drone regulations, piloting, and lidar mapping. When you complete the online portion, we then follow up with a 4.5-day hand-on portion with one of our qualified flight and lidar data instructors.
This course covers basic LiDAR theory, equipment set up, field LiDAR training, workflow, LiDAR data compiling, control points, LiDAR data processing, 3D visualizations, and basic drone flight training.
- LiDAR theory and different sensor performance characteristics/capabilities.
- Different Geospatial accuracy performances/standards and specific GIS product requirements.
- Drone-based LiDAR mission planning and collection strategies.
- Point cloud optimization – our step by step planning guide to weigh maximum area coverage with the required level of high fidelity data sets.
- Leveraging Drone automation and what is required for LiDAR vs. photogrammetry. How to conduct both in the same field operation.
- Full field work flow:
- Base setup to flight collection in different environmental/working conditions
- Processing LiDAR data in the field
- Verifying data capture quality
- Comparative Software Workflow to include Datum/survey plane selection, inertial coupling, DGPS Geo-correction, LiDAR compiling, and control point accuracy controls.
- Data Processing from raw point cloud creative to 3D Digital Surface models to basic data classifications.
- FAA Part 107 online test preparation
- Hands on flight training provided on smaller drones for students with no or limited flight experience.
- Lidar Drone Data Acquisition Specialist: Military trained experts experienced in drone flight data collection and sensor optimization. Our flight instructors have thousands of hours flying both manned and unmanned systems.
- Remote Sensing Geospatial Analyst. NGA College Master Instructors. Our instructor staff all have an extensive military background, with decades of remote sensing experience in satellite, aerial, mobile data analysis and product development. To increase the value of the experience we do try to match our analysis with your industry, if possible.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Talk to our Experts.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- We will need a conference room adequate to seat the number attendees and their laptops.
- 1 HDMI 4K monitor – Size depends on the conference room or classroom size.
- Access to power for everyone to have a laptop running.
- WIFI for the students – we will be downloading data sets for data exploitation and product creation during the event.
- Laptop – we will be supplying demonstration licensed software before the course.
- Power cord
Modus AI can host you in San Diego or we can travel to your location. When we travel special considerations do apply, such as finding a suitable flying space.
This course is optimized for 10 people to get hands on training. Modus AI can accommodate up to 20 people with an additional staffing charge for additional instructors.
Plan for a full 8 hour training day with a 1 hour lunch break. Typical hours of instruction are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless coordinated in advance.
TALK To One of Our Specialists
Other Drone and Lidar Information
Plan for Success Few job design actions are vitally important as planning data acquisition. As procurements increase in size and sophistication so does the involvement of the numbers of stakeholders and their requirements. It is essential to guarantee the acquisition...
With the cost of Lidar sensors decreasing, people believe all they need to do is buy the lidar sensor to get results. In this short post we will look at 3 GPS accuracy augmentations Lidar users should consider when buying a LiDAR GNSS mobile system,
New applications for LiDAR technology appear every day. Regardless of the process or technological innovation, every application needs to be specific about ……
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) announced its choices for its Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Integration Pilot Program Locations
This article comes from the March 2017 issue of Manufacturing and Engineering Magazine. Businesses are being urged to ensure they hire a Civil Aviation Authority certified drone operator when looking into perform tasks with a drone. UAVAir is a CAA approved drone...
When the FAA released CFR Part 107 in June of 2016, it opened the door for limited commercial drone operations development. This means that companies can operate their drones within visual line of sight.