DRONE LIDAR TRAINING FOR BEGINNERSDrone Flight + Lidar Training
For the engineering or construction professional who needs to learn everything about using a drone to do lidar mapping.
LET’S TALK ABOUT TRAINING
CALL US 1.858.717.0234
WHAT TO EXPECT
Drone Lidar for Beginners is a hybrid course. This means you will receive several easy to follow online courses to learn the foundation in drone regulations, piloting, and lidar mapping. When you complete the online portion, we then follow up with a 4.5-day hand-on portion with one of our qualified flight and lidar data instructors.
This course covers basic LiDAR theory, equipment set up, field LiDAR training, workflow, LiDAR data compiling, control points, LiDAR data processing, 3D visualizations, and basic drone flight training.
- LiDAR theory and different sensor performance characteristics/capabilities.
- Different Geospatial accuracy performances/standards and specific GIS product requirements.
- Drone-based LiDAR mission planning and collection strategies.
- Point cloud optimization – our step by step planning guide to weigh maximum area coverage with the required level of high fidelity data sets.
- Leveraging Drone automation and what is required for LiDAR vs. photogrammetry. How to conduct both in the same field operation.
- Full field work flow:
- Base setup to flight collection in different environmental/working conditions
- Processing LiDAR data in the field
- Verifying data capture quality
- Comparative Software Workflow to include Datum/survey plane selection, inertial coupling, DGPS Geo-correction, LiDAR compiling, and control point accuracy controls.
- Data Processing from raw point cloud creative to 3D Digital Surface models to basic data classifications.
- FAA Part 107 online test preparation
- Hands on flight training provided on smaller drones for students with no or limited flight experience.
- Lidar Drone Data Acquisition Specialist: Military trained experts experienced in drone flight data collection and sensor optimization. Our flight instructors have thousands of hours flying both manned and unmanned systems.
- Remote Sensing Geospatial Analyst. NGA College Master Instructors. Our instructor staff all have an extensive military background, with decades of remote sensing experience in satellite, aerial, mobile data analysis and product development. To increase the value of the experience we do try to match our analysis with your industry, if possible.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Talk to our Experts.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- We will need a conference room adequate to seat the number attendees and their laptops.
- 1 HDMI 4K monitor – Size depends on the conference room or classroom size.
- Access to power for everyone to have a laptop running.
- WIFI for the students – we will be downloading data sets for data exploitation and product creation during the event.
- Laptop – we will be supplying demonstration licensed software before the course.
- Power cord
Modus AI can host you in San Diego or we can travel to your location. When we travel special considerations do apply, such as finding a suitable flying space.
This course is optimized for 10 people to get hands on training. Modus AI can accommodate up to 20 people with an additional staffing charge for additional instructors.
Plan for a full 8 hour training day with a 1 hour lunch break. Typical hours of instruction are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless coordinated in advance.
TALK To One of Our Specialists
Other Drone and Lidar Information
It is no secret that technology across many disparate engineering and scientific disciplines continue to advance very rapidly. Perhaps nowhere is this more observable in the public eye than in the field of small, unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS), commonly referred to as “drones”.
RENTING DRONE LIDAR VS OWNING IT 15 COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES TO LEVERAGING A DRONE MAPPING SYSTEM Companies within all industries need every competitive edge they can get. Lidar is known to have a high cost, causing a barrier to entry. In certain cases renting a...
FREE Introductory Course on Drone LiDAR Technology, Data Products, Data Standards, and Applications. Introduction Here is this section we will break down what we will cover for the entire course. We will also broadly define lidar, its uses, and applications. This...
Chances are if you are in Alaska the leaves are already off the trees. In the North-Eastern Parts of the US they are changing color and getting fall. Virginia and below this should happen in November. WHY IS OFF LEAF IMPORTANT FOR LIDAR MAPPING?Many people think that...
Project Overview: In March of 2019, MODUS AI conducted a demonstration and feasibility study to assess the efficiency of drone-based LiDAR vs. traditional survey methods for the Virginia Department of Transportation in the Warrenton area of Northern Virginia. The...
UAV LiDAR Industries and Use Cases"Discover What You Need To Know About Who is Using LiDAR and Why" Second Webinar of a Four-Part Series. He we will explore who is using UAV LiDAR and what problems is the technology solving for them. Usecase 1 - Civil Engineering...
3 Tips About UAV LiDAR First Webinar of a Four-Part Series. Everything you want to know about using UAV LiDAR. This is event 1 of a 4 part series designed to inform you about using Light Detection and Range technology and point clouds in your business. This is...
Which is better? Of course, the answer is, “It depends.” A good drone service provider knows when to use each to provide the best product at the right price.
Plan for Success Few job design actions are vitally important as planning data acquisition. As procurements increase in size and sophistication so does the involvement of the numbers of stakeholders and their requirements. It is essential to guarantee the acquisition...
With the cost of Lidar sensors decreasing, people believe all they need to do is buy the lidar sensor to get results. In this short post we will look at 3 GPS accuracy augmentations Lidar users should consider when buying a LiDAR GNSS mobile system,